Mission and Values
Life is a celebration at Rosewood. We celebrate life and choices. Our mission is to celebrate the unique abilities, successes and choices of people with developmental disabilities and to provide the unique and changing supports needed to continue the celebration!
As a member of the American Network of Community Options and Resources organization (ANCOR), Rosewood Services has adopted the following prescribed standards and principles, which apply to the supports provided in the professional relationship with persons served, with parents and guardians of individuals served, with colleagues, with related agencies and professionals, and with the community as a whole.
In abiding by these standards, it is understood that Rosewood views its obligation in as wide a context as the situation requires, taking all principles into consideration and choosing a course of action consistent with the spirit and intent by which it was created.
- Rosewood will provide supports and services as a public trust that requires integrity, compassion, and respect for individual differences and choice. Rosewood will provide supports and services as a public trust that requires integrity, compassion, and respect for individual differences and choice. Rosewood will provide supports and services as a public trust that requires integrity, compassion, and respect for individual differences and choice.
- Rosewood will provide supports and services designed to meet the needs of the individual with emphasis on promoting choice, inclusion, growth and development.
- Rosewood will give preference to professional responsibility over any personal interests.
- Rosewood will respect the privacy of persons served and protect the rights of confidentiality.
- Rosewood will advocate for standards that promote outcomes of quality for people.
- Rosewood will contribute ideas, findings, concepts, understanding, knowledge and practice to the body of community supports, and develop continuing education and expanded knowledge of the leading practices for services in the field of disabilities.
- Rosewood will encourage and advocate for the protection of the individual and the community against unethical and/or illegal practices or actions by other individuals or organizations engaged in providing supports.
- Rosewood will not discriminate because of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national ancestry, and shall work to eliminate or prevent such discrimination in providing supports.
- Rosewood will promote inclusion and equitable treatment of all people including those receiving supports; staff, friends, families and the public.
- Rosewood will serve as a responsible steward for public and private funds.
- Rosewood will be accountable for statements made with respect to individuals with disabilities and shall distinguish clearly, where appropriate, statements and actions made as an individual and those made as a representative of ANCOR.